1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV View Billing Statement Online

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bk63ross, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bk63ross

bk63ross Mentor

Nov 10, 2004
    Is anyone else able to view there DTV bill online? Does DTV have a right to prevent us from viewing our monthly statement online?

2. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Of course they have the right to limit "who" views their bill online. They send your monthly bill by snail mail, at a cost of at least $1.00 (printing & postage, etc). For those willing to forego that mailing, they can sign up for online viewing of that same bill, thus saving D* cold cash.

The only reason I haven't signed up is that my wife never uses the computer, and thusly would never see any bills generated by any company using that billing method.

3. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Have had online billing for years. "Paperless Billing" is what they call it. Don't know what would make you think they don't or are preventing it in any way.

Lots of companies still do not do any sort of online billing. Online billing is not a right. If any company decides not to offer it, you are SOL.

4. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    DirecTV used to let you view your bill online AND get a paper statement in the mail...but that ended a few years ago.

Now, if you sign up to view your bill online you agree to discontinue paper mailed bills. To my knowledge, DirecTV is the only outfit that makes you choose one or the other as I get a number of paper mailed bills and can also view them online if I so choose.

While it's fast and cheaper for the provider, I still find the Post Office to be more reliable than email with assorted so-called "spam filters" and server outages. When was the last time you didn't get a bill in the mail? As a result, I have opted for a paper mailed bill. As a bonus, you get the DirecTV newsletter in the mail also without having to search for it on their web site.