1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV with 2 dishes . What multiswitch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by turk, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turk

turk New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Have D10 IRD and two separate dishes for 101 1nd 119 birds. Both dishes have single LNB. Tried a 2 input 1 output multi and it doesn't work. Switch buzzes when connected to B LNB. Do I need something different? Read about 22KHZ blocking switch some where.

2. greywolf

greywolf DBSTalk Club Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Both dishes must have dual LNBs to work. You need a 4x multiswitch. Two lines from the 101 dish go to the two Sat A inputs on the multiswitch and two lines from the 119 dish go to the two Sat B inputs. Check the LNBs to see if they have 2 connectors. If so, they are duals.

3. tecarte

tecarte New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Life would be so much easier if you bought yourself a Triplesat dish. Eliminates the switch as long as your under for receivers.

4. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    If you have a 22khz switch w/2 in & 1 out, it should work just fine. (I'm using one myself to combine 101 & 72.5 - you do NOT need a 4x4 switch &/or dual LNB's to make your setup work for a single receiver ;) ) Are you sure you are not trying to use an E* SW21 switch - E* switches will not work w/D* service.

5. greywolf

Jul 13, 2005
    He definitely needs dual LNBs and a 4x multiswitch to get 101 and 119 on 2 dishes.

13V 0KHz for Sat A odd transponders
    18V 0KHz for Sat A even transponders

that's two needed for 101 on dish A

13V 22KHz for Sat B odd transponders
    18V 22KHz for Sat B even transponders

That's two more for dish B

Add edit
    Wrong again. There's just more equipment out there than I can keep track of. The above is required for more than one receiver though.

6. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    Yes, a 4X4 is what you would need. However, a phase 3 dish would be better for less money..

7. greywolf

Jul 13, 2005
    You know, in theory a 2x1 multiswitch that could steer a 22KHz tone to one specific input would work for a single receiver with two single LNB dishes for only Sats A and B. I don't believe such an animal exists though.

8. dnsc_installer

dnsc_installer Legend

Sep 11, 2004
    Maybe he is in a location where 101 and 119 cannot be hit from one location and one phase 3

9. turk

turk New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    What model switch are you using? The one I have seems to be a voltage controlled switch. It is a 722D

10. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    You need a 22khz switch, here are a couple that will work:

http://www.eagleaspen.com/admin/product/fujian/file_64.pdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/Qty-10x-S-SM21H...ryZ50999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(E-bay has plenty more listed; just posted this as an example...)

The one that I use is a Channel Master 4x2 switch that is no longer made. It came with the first oval D* dishes that only had the 101 & 119 separate LNB's. (When D* first came out with the ParaTodo's prog packages & there was no LIL) It would NOT work with the 110 LNB - it was nothing more than two separate 2x1 switches in the same housing. I am ONLY using 1 side of the switch (single line each from separate 101 & 72.5 dishes to 1 standard receiver for testing purposes) & it works just fine.

11. greywolf

Jul 13, 2005
    Son of a gun. There are tone directed 2x1s. Talk about a niche market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.