1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by mike1977, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    Demo only available to those who preordered? Why?! They already made up their minds and will be getting the full game soon. How dumb!!!

And exclusive addon from Gamestop preordering, which includes making him stronger right from the start!

I have a $10 credit on my Amazon account for ordering a physical video game.

2. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    And I can install it and play it today because there were no servers to worry about still existing in order to activate it.

I'll be surprised in being able to reinstall Duke Nukem Forever and still be able to play it several years from now, because Steam is its life support. Relying on a company's website and authorizing server in order to play an offline game sucks.

It may only need to be activated once to keep playing offline, but if things change one day and the site and servers poof, you're stuck with having to rely on playing it on a machine you hope the hard drive doesn't go kaput.

3. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
  4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Worst game ever.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think something can be found to be worse, bad as DNF is.

I hoped that at worst it just couldn't live up to the wait...it is worse than that. But worst ever? Probably not. Maybe worst you've played.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati