1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DVR Guide issue: where'd it go?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MBison, Mar 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MBison

MBison Cool Member

May 11, 2008
    I have two DirecTV DVRs. One is fine, the guide is complete for many days. But the other, a few days in is almost entirely empty. I reset it and now it has "Upcoming: Blah Blah" for many channels. Is there any way to ensure that the guide is downloading correctly? I like to set recordings in advance and a lot of the channels being messed up isn't helping. I'm assuming it's going to repair but just curious if there's any way to make sure it is working.

2. JACH

JACH Mentor

Aug 18, 2009
    Resetting the dvr twice in a short time (I think 15min) flushes out the guide data. It'll rebuild itself over the next 24 hrs.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yep, give it a day.

4. JACH

JACH Mentor

Aug 18, 2009
    Actually, I meant that the OP might have somehow reset the dvr twice and didn't even know it, causing the missing guide data. In any case, the guide data will eventually build up. Also, could the OP be comparing a HD DVR to a SD dvr? Cause I have one SD receiver, not dvr, and it only gets 3 days of guide data like it should.

5. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    You'll need to do the following
    1. Go to System Setup Menu
    2. Select Satellite
    3. Select Repeat Satellite Setup
    4. Don't change settings
    5. Either select cancel or continue thru setup and bypass remote setup.

This will force the guide download but all 14 days will take about 24 hours to download. Issue resolved.