1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR newbie

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by macruadhi, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macruadhi

macruadhi New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    I just got a 625 the other day and noticed that they wanted to sell me a multi-gig video player that will sync with the DVR. I would like to know how one goes about downloading video to a computer.

thank you
    Eric

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It could be either the new external Hard Drive which allows you to record more than the receiver will allow on it's own or a pocketdish. Neither is made for use with a computer. Can you give more info?

3. CopyChief

CopyChief Legend

Jan 17, 2005
    The PocketDish is a portable player that does, indeed, sync with the 625 through the USB port. I do not think the external hard drive option was going to work with the 625, but I could be wrong... There is no official way to copy DVR video directly to a computer through the USB port, but if you have a video capture card/device you can hook it up through that.

4. macruadhi

macruadhi New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    I even figured that the computer would recognize the DVR or the DVR would recognize the computer. Even with a video capture card I'd have to actually watch the entire show to record it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.