1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Notice - AI went +20 minutes tonight!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Marlin Guy, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    American Idol went about 20 minutes over tonight. I assume you west coasters might be able to adjust the DVR's in time to make a save. Otherwise, you'll miss the send off, as well as some entertainment.

2. stlmike

stlmike Legend

Aug 24, 2007

If it is going to be a 150 minute show, fine, just schedule it that way! Those of us with lives (and DVR's) need accurate guide data ;)

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    It recorded for 2 hours, but it went 20 over that?

4. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    Yes, actually it was almost 25 minutes over. Mine cut off in the middle of the stairway to heaven song, really disappointing.

5. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Mr. Seacrest stated on Tuesday that the Wednesday's show would "go over" and to "set DVRs accordingly". For AI I have DVR defaults set to record over by 30 minutes. Any show that is must have, that’s what I do. Especially live shows. This is when FOX DIRECTV on Demand would be great. We could simply download the whole program.

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I have ours set for 15, so we still missed the end.

And even though Mr. Seacrest stated on Tuesday, doesn't help when you watch it after Wednesday shows.

If they new on Tuesday that they were going to go over, then they should have made a formal change, and extended the show by 30 minutes.

Oscars / Emmy's... we typically bad those for 30 minutes.

Either way... that is why the internet is helpfull. Easy search to find out who got the boot.

7. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    I just wish he would have said how long over, I was thinking 5 or 10 minutes max.

8. Hutchinshouse

Sep 27, 2006
    That would have been the ideal way to go. Bummer it didn’t happen.

9. Hutchinshouse

Sep 27, 2006
    I fully understand. It happened to me a few years back. That’s why I now pad the recordings by 30 minutes. If you haven’t already done so, you should try to track down the Stairway to heaven performance. It was great.

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Seacrest mentioned that they would go long during the program last night. I was watching it through delayed buffer (so I could skip commercials) and adjusted the timer on the fly. I gave it a 30-min buffer and got to see the whole thing. :)

I have to agree, if they knew this before hand, someone should have made a change to ther EPG so that folks not watching it (but recording it) wouldn't suffer the early cut off. :(