1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Question: Mark viewed/not viewed?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Vespa, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Vespa

Vespa New Member

May 27, 2007
    I read all of the FAQ's and thread, but did not see this one:

On my DirecTV HR24, is there a way to mark recorded items in the list view as 'non viewed'? Specifically, turning them from Gray to White?

Thx

(Again, I searched and apoligies of I missed this one)

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    No

3. Vespa

Vespa New Member

May 27, 2007
    Bummer.

Thanks.

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If you watch it, and want to save it, you can always change it to "Keep until I delete" which will put a (K) on the front of the title. Then you will know you watched it already. Another method, change the default to (K)eep Until I delete for all recordings, then when you watch them, remove the KEEP and the ones without a blue K will be ones you watched.

5. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    That's a nice work-around! Reminds me of turning off the front panel display, so one can detect when a reboot has happened.:) I'd still prefer an override that would let me reestablish the bright listing for "new". "Set as new" would be easy to implement, although not a high demand or high need feature.

This happens when I have watched something that the wife and I typically watch together. I'd mark as new, so it would remind me that she hasn't seen it yet.

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have seen a couple of programs (from the local PBS station) show up with the blue "K" when they were recorded (broadcast, not VOD). That must be something new.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think it would be nice to mark something "unviewed" but it's pretty low on my list of desires.