1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler How To Video

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by scuba_tim, May 20, 2008.

1. scuba_tim

scuba_tim Godfather

Sep 23, 2006
    Just found a new DirecTV video on my HR20, a how to video for the DVR scheduler. What I love most, for you Mac fans, is how they use Macs throughout the entire video. Maybe you all will see some Mac love for Media Share and PC (sorry, Mac) playback.

2. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I saw that as well on both of mine. I guess it is officially live now?

3. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    maybe they just felt bad for the mac guys, so they used macs in the video:lol:

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It's actually a pet peeve of mine; a lot of creative houses use macs so their graphics and props are heavily mac-based. I think they would be more resonant if they were PC-based, not because PCs are better but because they are far more common.

5. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    C'Mon, Stuart... we all know that they couldn't get it to work with Vista. That's why they used the Mac :hair:

6. scuba_tim

scuba_tim Godfather

Sep 23, 2006
    You would expect more PC use in these ads, especially coming from a company with strong associations with Intel through the old Viiv and Microsoft on the HDPC20. Another sign of disconnect between the organization and the ad agency.

Or yes, maybe it's just a bone tossed to the mac world.

7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    AD agencies have never been "connected" to any of their other business entities. "Sure we can do anything you want", and it'll be ready tomorrow, b4 they have even checked on the feasilbilty of doing what they already promised with any other group in the organization.

8. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Remember when 2 different ad agencies used the same stock picture of a family watching TV? One for a cable company and hte other for a sat co (I beleive it was Dish)

9. jbrasure

jbrasure Legend

Oct 8, 2006
    Actually all Macs use Intel chips now.

:)