1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler no longer sees certain channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tom Servo, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    I seem to have found a bug with the DVR Scheduler (m.directv.com) for mobile devices. It seems that since the HD Extra pack was moved to the 500's, those channels have disappeared from the service. I've tried searching for shows on those channels, the channel name ("MGMHD" for example) and even the channel number. Nothing comes up.

This means it's impossible to schedule shows on these channels remotely or browse a channel-by-channel schedule, which is something the full TV list at the DirecTV main site cannot seem to do.

The affected channels are Hallmark Movies, MGM, HDNet Movies, Palladia, Universal, Crime & Investigation and Smithsonian.

Also, on a lark, I put in the title of one of the newer premium HD channels, SHNXHD (I guess this is Showtime Extreme HD?) It didn't come up, either.

I'd call DirecTV about this but the CSRs are clueless when it comes to the DVR Scheduler.

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    So use the contact us link on their website. I can find those channels but they do come up under their old numbers. You could schedule something and see if the system just hasn't updated the channel number. Since it can find new shows I bet it would record.

3. NaperDan

NaperDan Legend

Jun 8, 2009
    I am able to see them on my droid DTV app.

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    That's really strange. I am not finding any new shows on the missing channels unless they're available via VOD through m.directv.com.

I'll send off an e-mail to them, but the last time I asked for help they totally missed the point and tried to schedule a receiver replacement for something that was on their end.

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Shocker, but they were unable to help. The e-mail I sent was basically a copy of the first post in this thread. Here's the reply:

It's not until the bottom paragraph that they mention the HD Extra Pack. Nothing I said referenced channels in the 70's, so why even bring it up??? :hair:

I should also note that any new channel added recently is missing. Showtime Beyond HD, Free Speech TV, Golden Eagle Broadcasting… all unavailable on the mobile DVR scheduler.