1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler - TiVo Series 2 v6.4a now online!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Doug Brott, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Folks,

DVR Scheduler is now available for TiVo Series 2 systems that are on the new software. You should now be able to select your TiVo receiver when scheduling programs remotely via the DIRECTV.com web page.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks for the update, Doug. My R10 DirecTivo now works.

3. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    "Hooray":icon_da:

Thanks,

My patio and MBR are now showing up as well.

Now back to my coffee:coffee

4. scott72

scott72 Icon

Feb 17, 2008
    How do you get on the new software? I have a series two, but at times it doesn't play nice with my standard receiver.

5. Jables

Jables AllStar

Apr 24, 2008
    If I read this correctly, you have a regular Series 2 TiVo mated to a regular D* receiver. This update is just for DirecTivo boxes.

6. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Great. My bedroom Hughes SD-DVR80 is now showing up when selecting which DVR to record to. I never expected the older Tivo based DVRs to be included in the remote scheduler. Nice D*! And thanks!

7. man_rob

man_rob Hall Of Fame

Feb 21, 2007
    Me Too!!! I'm at work and just scheduled a test recording.

I've confirmed with a friend, his TiVo is now online as well.

This deserves a headline!!!

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Agree - working here :) Oh, and I'm using a VERY old version on the R10 (haven't make a call in close to two years)

9. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    The receiver on my patio is showing up in the list on the Directv web site now as well as my bedroom receiver.

However the patio has not made a call in over a year since I moved it there from another room. I even looked at the software version the other day and it was still on 6.2.

I will try to set a remote booking for it through the website to see if it actually works and will post when I get home to let you know the outcome.

10. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    What happens if you schedule a recording and select the HD channel instead of the SD version for a SD TiVo?

11. mrpull

mrpull Mentor

Jan 16, 2008
    I wonder how long the Tivos have been able to do remote booking.

Maybe they've been able to for years (in fact they have, because i used tivowebplus to do it) and they were just waiting to get the HR series stable before letting the old dogs one up them.

mr.

12. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Everything works as advertised. Eight tuners just waiting for instructions. Very nice. ;)

13. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    I just scheduled "St. Louis Cardinals at Boston Red Sox" on Sunday from TBSHD on my kids DSR-704. It didn't validate it on the website - maybe it selects the SD instead.

14. pprather

pprather Legend

Nov 11, 2006
    Is there any way to download the new software? I don't have a phone landline hooked up.

15. Thaedron

Thaedron Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    Awesome. Thanks DirecTV!

16. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    The software downloads via satellite. It's probably sitting on your hard drive right now.

HOWEVER, your receiver must call TiVo for authorization to install it. Once it gets the go-ahead, the software will schedule a reboot at 2am and extract/install the new version.

17. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Take your Tivo to work, or a friend/neighbor's house and let it phone from there. No need for a satellite connection to make the "daily test call".

18. biker

biker New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Works!

19. pprather

pprather Legend

Nov 11, 2006

Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking.

20. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    So, if I don't want my Tivo's calling in (wink, wink), then this software will not work even though everything else is downloaded via sat? I can live with it either way, just wondering. Thanks in advance.