1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by BlueGuy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. BlueGuy

BlueGuy AllStar

Aug 29, 2008
    Hi All-

I'm having one frustration with the DVR Scheduler and am wondring if it is a shortcoming of the set-up or if it is user error. :rolleyes:

When I go to the channel guide at D*'s website you can only scroll forward or backward in time from the very top and very bottom of the guide. This means that if you are trying to see what is on a channel (say in the 200's) you cannot see what is on a few hours later or earlier without scrolling all the way up to the top or bottom of the entire guide.

This wasn't always the case. Initially with DVR scheduler you could move fwd or backward in time no matter where you were in the guide. DVR Scheduler has a different look now and with that new look I'm experiencing this annoyance.

Have I simply not figured out how to do this or are others experiencing the same thing?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I haven't used the Scheduler for some time, but you are correct. You used to be able to move out in time using an arrow located about every page full. The list needs to scroll within the main window, keeping the header on screen at all times.

What I think is really lacking is the ability to create a favorite's list, so that you don't have to scroll through several pages of inconsequential channels.

3. Jashobeam

Jashobeam AllStar

Jul 10, 2005
    That would be wonderful. I think Zap2It used to allow favorites so you could easily search through just a few channels. I never use the DVR scheduler anymore since it's hard to use the search and guide.