1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr series not recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by housemr, Apr 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. housemr

housemr Legend

Jun 3, 2009
    i am hoping someone can help me since directv can't. We have tried setting up Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to record on Disney HD (station 290) several times, including being set up to include to record only new, old, and both types of episodes. I have done this on two different dvrs also. The past few weeks it has not been recording any episodes of this show even though it is on at least twice a day on disney hd. What is going on? In the past it used to only select about half the episodes and about two weeks ago it starting this (not recording any). The only way i can get it to record them now is to individually select them. Please help.

2. DaveC27

DaveC27 Godfather

Apr 14, 2010
    I've had similar problems with a couple of series ("Selling New York" I think the most recent) which just don't seem to record. I've got round it by using manual reoccurring record

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Keep in mind the "28 day rule". The DVR won't record the same episode twice within a 28 day span regardless of how you setup the series link. If it's the same few episodes over and over and over they won't be recorded.

If the "28 day rule" doesn't apply here then try killing the Series Link and then reboot the DVR twice before setting it up again. Rebooting twice within a 30 minute period flushes the guide data.

4. housemr

housemr Legend

Jun 3, 2009
    Thank you. I will reset it tomorrow and then reset series link