1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR timers and schedule are gone!

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LJR, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Mar 2, 2017 #1 of 11
    LJR

LJR Mentor

Nov 2, 2005
    There is a problem with my Hopper 3, that keeps losing all (over 200) my DVR timers. So basically, I can't record anything! Plus, I can't set any new recordings. The only way I can get my timers back, is by doing a Partial Reset...which I've had to do 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I have called Dish and they told me that it's a problem with the software and even replacing my Hopper will not help!

I sure as hell hope they fix it asap!

2. Mar 2, 2017 #2 of 11
    RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Seeing you seem to be the only person posting the problem, another call to DISH may be needed.

3. Mar 3, 2017 #3 of 11
    Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Many problems like this being discussed on another site.

4. Mar 3, 2017 #4 of 11
    patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    It's been reported that the problems are related to the new guide suppliers data streams. Most problems were intermittent and appear to have been resolved.

LJR likes this.
  5. richandgood

richandgood New Member

Feb 16, 2009
    They are not resolved. I can't even record live. Can you help?

6. LJR

LJR Mentor

Nov 2, 2005
    I kept having to do a partial restore...and it hasn't happened in a couple weeks.

7. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Keeps happening here. I don't lose all of my timers, but some disappear or even if they show in the scheduled section, they don't record. I did the partial reset 3 times. It only seems to work for a day. I have a HWS with the carbon.

8. LJR

LJR Mentor

Nov 2, 2005
    Do you have an external hard drive connected?

9. Poco Askew

Poco Askew AllStar

Sep 25, 2007
    This keeps happening o me as well.
    I don't lose all timers but I am losing a LOT of recordings. The only work-around I've found is to create a new timer. But now I have many shows with multiple timers. For whatever reason the timers stop showing up in the schedule after a while. PTAT recordings still record but don't end up in "my recordings" for series I've saved. Non-PTAT shows are lost forever (FX, TBS, HBO, Comedy Central, AMC, etc.).
    It began about a month ago. I've had my Hopper 3 since December and all was OK for the first couple of months.
    Other oddities: I'm also seeing lots of recordings with no photo - just the generic Dish logo. Many shows say "First aired on 03/23/17. Recorded on 03/22/17". How can shows be recorded prior to their first air date?
    I hate to give up and go another route but we're missing too many series episodes.

----

Edit

In re-reading the title of this thread, I realized my problem is different. My timers are not gone. My timers just stop working.

I just did a chat with Dish and was told this is a known problem. "They are working on a resolution". :/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM
  10. LJR

LJR Mentor

Nov 2, 2005
    If I were you, I would demand a new Hopper. I was told that it won't help with my timers (which have been working fine for a few weeks), but your problem seems worse.

11. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Yes i do.