1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR to DVR MRV Remote Scheduling; Update?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by gteach26, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gteach26

gteach26 Mentor

May 15, 2007
    Hello all!

I just had the official install of MRV done by Directv... nice upgrade from my clunky unsupported wireless setup that kept freezing.

3 HD DVRS.. three different rooms, seemless integration and functionality. Nice!!!

I've seen posts indicating that eventually we might get the option to schedule recordings remotely from one DVR on the home network to another, but so far no news. I know this can be done from an HD receiver and from a computer, but being able to do this from a DVR would be the icing on my MRV cake....

I've searched, but haven't seen a thread officially discussing this....

Is DVR remote scheduling through MRV capability coming soon?

Thanks!!

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    We don't know when it might come, but something a lot of us would like, as well as the ability to have collaborative scheduling.

3. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    I was assuming this was withheld so they could move us off the current HR landscape onto their upcoming mega DVR. However the info forwarded to me from DTV on the new mega DVR states that the uber DVR technology is not compatible with the current receivers so there is no reason to withhold this feature from the current HR equipment.

It looks like in the future and for some time after there may be 2 disparate Whole Home DVR landscapes. Depending on the costs involved and the new landscapes effectiveness it either may preclude the existing landscape or launch it's capabilities forward.

Don "We just gotta keep asking for this functionality" Bolton