1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dying UHF Remote?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by vintage, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintage

    vintage New Member

    2
    0
    Apr 27, 2007
    I had service set up 2 weeks ago with a 622. TV2 worked great for a week then the remote would periodically fail to communicate with the receiver. Even when I was right in front of the receiver. As this became more fequent I used tips from this forum to try to help including switching to B range, changing the address, pigtail ect. Nothing helped. Now tonight I have had one brief moment of communications between the remote and the receiver but otherwise nada. Has anyone seen this before?
     
  2. Wildman63

    Wildman63 Mentor

    46
    0
    Dec 23, 2006
    I had problems similar to yours. Finally had Dish send me a new remote. It works marginally better, but is still not as reliable as I would like. I'm expecting a 10dB attenuator in the mail. I posted here a few days ago. We have some interesting environmental issues here on Whidbey Island.
     
  3. mgs24

    mgs24 AllStar

    49
    0
    Dec 7, 2002
    My remotes have always worked fine both UHF for TV1 and TV2. Since the last software update it has been hit and miss. I figured if it was a software issue I would have read more about it here. But can't figure out why I am have problems now. Any other having problems since last update?

    Mike
     
  4. Wildman63

    Wildman63 Mentor

    46
    0
    Dec 23, 2006
    A new antenna arrived this morning from Dish... it appears to have solved the problem. Both UHF remotes (the original and the new one) are working just fine now. Time will tell...
     
  5. vintage

    vintage New Member

    2
    0
    Apr 27, 2007
    Great, was that an antenna and 10db that worked or just the antenna?
     
  6. Wildman63

    Wildman63 Mentor

    46
    0
    Dec 23, 2006
    It was just the new antenna... the attenuator hasn't arrived yet. FWIW I had removed and re-installed the original antenna a couple of times with no change.

    Dish's tech support folks have been very helpful throughout this drill. I just hope this will be a long-term fix.
     
  7. Wildman63

    Wildman63 Mentor

    46
    0
    Dec 23, 2006
    I've encountered continuing problems with Remote 2 despite a new remote and a new antenna.

    The new antenna seemed to help, but the problems returned late in the day. I suspected one of two things...

    1. The receiver got warm (no issues with Remote 1)
    2. Atmospheric issues with UHF signals. We live in an area with lots of strange electronics stuff going on. (See my above posts).

    The new attenuator arrived today and it seems to have helped the problem... again, I'm going to wait before I claim the problem solved.

    Dish tech support has been great in trying to get this issue solved...
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page