1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysan Digital Slim

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Davenlr, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Anyone own a Dysan Digital Slim cordless vacuum? Ive seen some ads for it, and for $299 its a bit pricy, but the cordless bit, plus its convertibility from a floor/carpet vac to a handheld furniture vac is appealing, since I own 4 cats.

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    We tried a cordless vacuum (not Dyson) and ended up returning it. We even tried Roomba at one point just to help keep things tidy in between regular house cleaning. They just do not have the power which a corded vacuum has. Cordless vacuums are great for quick pick-up's but I would strongly encourage you to keep a corded vacuum around for regular house cleaning.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Agreed. Battery power just can't match 120VAC. Try a Kenmore cannister, we bought one on the recommendation of our housekeepers and they are very happy with it. I think it cost about what the Dyson costs.

Rich

4. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    I purchased the Dyson Ball vaccuum about 4 months ago and I'm very pleased with it.

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    We got the DC25-Animal refurb from Overstock in January after reading recommendations here and are really pleased with it. Best design of plastic that I've ever seen!

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks all. I have a pretty good carpet vac. Was mainly wanting the handheld/furniture part. From the comments, Ill just look for a separate handheld vac to supplement my corded carpet unit.

7. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    Don't have that model Dyson, but we have a 14-Ball for 6 years now, minor repair a year ago - still under warranty at that point. We love it. Still sucks! Greatly!

8. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Have it and it's great for hardwood and tile floors. On carpet you can feel it drag, but it is good for a quick pickup.