1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eagle Aspen LNB?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Steve Robertson, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I remeber reading in a thread a few weeks back about some LNB'S and which were considered the best and which were poor.

I just checked and this is the one I have any thoughts?

I have D* coming out next Saturday for an alignment which was a very painful process as I have the protection plan and the people in that dept would not send anyone out. I finally went to retention after talking to two peole in the protection Dept and retention was great no problem getting someone out.

2. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    I don't remember anything specific about the Eagle Aspen or the Andrew. The Winstron had several good remarks and the CalAmp was reported, by a few people, to have a small disparity in signal strength readings between the even and odd TP's. If I remember correctly, this was in regard to the slimline dishes.

3. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    Some people have posted eagle aspen lnbs that were bad, but they got no signal at all on 103(b), from the 2 eagle aspen slimlines I have seen (brothers and fathers) they both get great signal, mid 90's on 103(b) and 100% on 99 hd locals. I have an andrew dish and get high 90's on 103(b). Many people with caliamp lnbs have reported no matter how well they align they can't get above 80's on 103(b)

4. aim2pls

aim2pls Icon

Jun 18, 2007

way too many variables for a consumer to report good and/or bad LNB's. I'm sure the DTV has tested all manufacturers before accepting their product for use. DTV has enough problems with p*ss poor installers, unrealistic customers, missed appointments, etc, and the list goes on.

5. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    Ok thanks everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.