1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastern Arc and 77

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ontwowheels, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ontwowheels

ontwowheels Cool Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Anyone know what programming Dish has planned for 77 on the EA?

THANKS

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
  3. ontwowheels

ontwowheels Cool Member

Nov 7, 2008
  4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    They may have some information on the 77 degree slot on the Tech Forum (Monday, 11/10, at 9 P.M., EST on channel 101).

5. ontwowheels

ontwowheels Cool Member

Nov 7, 2008
    THANKS

6. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Check out the uplink report. This afternoon DISH added 198 channels to the 77 slot (none available to customers at this time). They are adding a lot of HD locals, for example, Cincinnati, Louisville, Little Rock, and the Charleston - Huntington market.

AGAIN, all these channels are up on the satellite in the test mode. We have no idea if they are all staying but some dealers (like in my market, Cincinnati) are getting information that our HD locals will be available on Nov. 19th.

I did have a dish for 61.5 but last week I moved it to 77 when I got a call from my local dealer. I get my national HD channels from 129 so I did not lose anything except for 5 PI channels by moving it to 77 degrees. Now I'm all ready for my HD locals when DISH makes them available to customers.