1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastern Arc rain fade

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rsaforjm, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rsaforjm

rsaforjm Cool Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I just converted to eastern arc. I have had dish for the last 8 years and haven't seen so much rain fade. As soon as it starts even a light shower, my dish goes out. Then it comes back after a while. Has anyone else noticed an increase. I was wondering if my installation is bad or it has something to do with the eastern arc's bigger dish.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Complaint without data is useless - let's see some signal strengths for the last couple weeks, both clear sky and with rain.

3. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004

yeah i got the eastern arc also and noticed a significant increase in rain fade. i never experienced anything like this before with either dish(previous superdish) or directv. this is my first EA install and so far the lightest rain/cloud cover will kill the signal for a few minutes. very very annoying.

signal strength is in the 50's and im told by one csr after another that the signal strength is good. a tech came out to check things and said everything was fine. who knows.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Any barrel connectors outside ? Or other cable problems ?
    Or possible tree problems ?

"The slightest clouds or light rain" should not kill a proper dish installation - period. Thunderstorms are another matter, but light showers should never be a problem. I'd be calling Dish back out if I was seeing that.

5. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    A properly aligned dish can have problems. We found out that the spot beam for HD locals just barely covered portions of SW Michigan and the best signal we could get was 26 on that Spotbeam. Fortunately Dish also put those locals on the 129 and we started putting all new installs on Western Arc. I agree that more info. is needed to determine the problem.