1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eat a Subway Sandwich and Save Chuck

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Apr 27, 2009.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Have you done your part to save "Chuck." From TVWeek:
    Better then mailing in peanuts or something.:D

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Cool!! Thanks Phrelin!

3. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Might just have to go and get me a footlong tonight! :)

4. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    Thatswhatshesaid!

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Does saving Chuck really require one to eat that crap, or can I just pay the $5 and tell them to keep the sub.

6. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Steve, you crack me up!! You are such a non-conformist. Keep it up!!

7. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Oh snap!:lol:

8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I would have been happier if Quiznos had the ad-placements during Chuck.

9. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Actually I think of myself as a conformist. Opposite of conformist is hippie, and I loathe anything related to counterculture. Anyhow, I think Subway is disgusting, they have one type of sub, lettuce with your choice of a half a slice of meat. I don’t eat vegetables and every Slugway sub I’ve ever eaten or seen has been loaded with that crap with very little meat.

10. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Gee. For many years I've occasionally eaten at a Subway with nary a piece of lettuce. I limit my additions to tomatoes and olives whether its a Cheesesteak with a little mustard or Meatball Marinara with a little parmesan. And I've never seen a shortage of meat. My wife does have an Italian BMT with onions and tomatoes and a little vinegar and oil. Again, plenty of meat and no lettuce.

I've never been to a Subway franchise that required lettuce. And if you're into something different from us, there's chicken or tuna or, God forbid, a Vege Delite which indeed has no meat, but you can refuse lettuce.

Complete menu here. And no, I don't have any affiliation with Subway, but I do like "Chuck.":D

And at the end of tonight's season finale episode, I figure either a renewal or a movie.

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I too wish there was an alternative way to show my support because I refuse to eat at Subway. ick...

12. txtommy

txtommy Icon

Dec 30, 2006
    Or most any other pseudo sub sandwich shop. Subway is to sub sandwiches what pizza hut is to real pizza.

13. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This is an interesting, but very unrealistic discussion for "Chuck" fans.

There's a Subway 3 miles from my house and a Quiznos 38 miles from my house. Subway has nearly 30,000 stores, Quiznos 10% of that number. We have a local sandwich shop in our town that's far and away better than either, but the owner isn't going to rummage around in her pocket and find sufficient change to get product placement on "Chuck".

So what I understand from this discussion is that some of you don't care if "Chuck" can continue because you're telling folks not to buy a $5 sandwich there.

14. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I bought a $5 footlong from Subway last Friday but I didn't do it to save "Chuck," whatever that is.

And after my wife ate it, the result was "Upchuck."

15. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I would imagine that another way to show your support for "Chuck" is to write a letter (a real, physical, put-it-in-an-envelope-and-mail-it letter) or perhaps buy a DVD set (season one is available in DVD and Blu-Ray, season 2 is available from Amazon for preorder) or maybe even pay to watch episode (I saw an ad for AmazonVideo playing Chuck episodes for $2.99)

16. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that there is anyone who doesn't like vegetables.

17. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Not sure what's so difficult for your brain to understand. There's some people who don't like and refuse to eat meat, which I find insane. It’s just the opposite. All clear now? My food eats salad, I don't.

18. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    But you can't eat only meat. I really like chicken, but I can't eat just chicken all the time...

I completely understand not liking Subway, or Quiznos, or fill-in-any-specific-place... but the no vegetables at all diet? I've never heard of that one.

I will admit... I have eaten hamburgers with chicken on them! :) But I also eat some veggies with that.

19. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    :lol::lol::lol:

20. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Not sure about the others, but that's not what I'm saying. I'd show my support but not as long as that requires Subway getting my money for their nasty food.