1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Series Link/Prioritizer Item

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by spunkyvision, Aug 7, 2008.

1. spunkyvision

spunkyvision Godfather

Oct 12, 2006
    On Aug 1st Fox Changed (San Diego area) from Channel 6 (XETV) to 69 (KSWB) now I see my Fox recordings (like Family Guy) are not being recorded.
    When I go in to the Prioritizer i see Family Guy - none scheduled. If I click on the Series Link I see the header says" Shows on THIS channel" How do I edit the series link to record on a different channel? and why doesn't it (or where does it) show me the Channel being recorded?

Thanks

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You need to delete the series link and set it up for the new channel. Series links are done by channel numbers.

3. spunkyvision

spunkyvision Godfather

Oct 12, 2006
    I thought would be an easier way to Edit rather than Delete and re-create. Oh well. Thanks for the help.
    Is this is a wish list item? How hard would it be to edit the channel number?

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Won't happen until they list the channel number for a SL, which they don't do at this time.

- Merg

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm unaware of any DVR where you can edit the channel number of a series link/season pass. Even a Tivo can't do this. Delete and recreate.

6. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    TiVo doesn't allow a user to modify the channel, however if the guide data is accurate on the move the TiVo will do it when re-indexing. Everytime my old Series2 Stand alone got a channel update it had a message "Any Season Pass on the channels that moved will be automaticly updated."

7. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Same thing happens on the HR2x series as well, like when they moved some channels around earlier this year. I'm guessing that this local didn't get moved in the same way in the guide data.