DBSTalk Forum banner

EHD suddenly does not work

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim5506 
#1 ·
I have a Cavalry 750 Gb drive that worked perfect from the day Disk allowed external hard drives. I've check the drive on my linux system and it's fine. I've called Dish but no luck they only open a engineering ticket and after three weeks have not called back (yes I've opened more then one) I've done all I know what to do.. rebooted both drive and the 722.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution. I'd love to get the 500Gb of movies off that.. Not fun..

Thanks,
Joe

#3 ·
Try first turning of the drive, wait, and then turn it back on. The receiver will sometimes detect the drive. If this does not work, try rebooting the receiver. I've had to perform this a couple of times, and eventually the drive was recognized.

#4 ·
First I've tried the rebooting and on/off numerics times. My Linux box reads the drive perfectly. This all started after one of the software upgrades. I just want to see if anyone is using this brand of drive and had this problem. The error message I get from the 722 is "You have connected an unsupported device to the USB port. Select "Help" for more information"

#6 ·
guisep said:
First I've tried the rebooting and on/off numerics times. My Linux box reads the drive perfectly. This all started after one of the software upgrades. I just want to see if anyone is using this brand of drive and had this problem. The error message I get from the 722 is "You have connected an unsupported device to the USB port. Select "Help" for more information"
I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever resolve your problem?

#7 ·
Call Dish and have them send a "Hit" to your receiver, re-authorizing the EHD.

This has worked for several users with similar problems.

It is not in their list of scripted things to do but be insistent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.