1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EHD Troubles

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by txsrooster, Mar 22, 2012.

1. txsrooster

txsrooster Cool Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Last night I hook up my EHD as we are getting a new receiver today. Took approx 7hrs to archive the recorded shows. This morning I go to archive the shows that recorded last night and I get an general error then the 722 shuts down flashes the vertical thick white line and finds the satalites again. I then get an error saying that an external hard drive has been connected and would need to be formated in order to be used with the system..did I lose all my archives? How do I fix the situation? How do I prevent it from happening again?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It was reported many times before, here. Your case is not unique. Perhaps reading these stories and DIRT replies will help you find a solution.

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Please PM your account information to me so I can send an authorization to your receiver to update the smart card that you have an EHD and have that function. Thanks.