1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Elaine Stritch dies at 89.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by yosoyellobo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    1 person likes this.
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    R.I.P. Elaine.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
  4. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    although best remembered for playing alec baldwin's mom on 30 rock, stritch's roots extend back to broadway. she almost always wore a neck tie and huge glasses. she was a very talented and very funny lady. rest in peace.

5. Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Iowa
    First time I saw her live was in Company, around 1971. I've been fortunate to have performed in several productions of that marvelous Stephen Sondheim show, and I never saw an actress in any of those play the character of Joanne, whom Stritch introduced, as anyone but Elaine Stritch. She out-and-out owned the role, and that takes an awful lot of stage presence and talent.

Here's to you, Elaine ... "Everybody rise!"