1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Eliminate Primetime Reruns

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Zooky111, May 7, 2012.

1. Zooky111

Zooky111 New Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Is there a way to inhibit recording reruns on Primetime?

2. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    No. It does put a little "new" tag on new episodes, and you can set it to save "new" episodes over to your "My Recordings" list. By design it's recording the entire output of the 4 HD channels from the transponder during prime time.

3. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    +1

By design, it will save all 8 days of prime time recordings regardless of what's showing on the channel. This does not take up your personal recording space (uses a separate partition of the hard drive)

4. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Regular timers are set up for Only New, New and Reruns, Once....da di da di da...at first I thought it was an unrealistic request but now I agree, no reruns should be an option. :righton:

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'm happy with the "new" flag. I have timers set for the PTA programs I want "brought forward" to My Recordings to make them easier to find. There have been weeks where I didn't see a program and went back into the PTA folder to find the last broadcast to see what aired. It was nice that the whole lineup was there.

I wouldn't fight tooth and nail to stop hiding rerun programs as an option. But I would not want PTA to be missing reruns without the option to view all programs.

6. Zooky111

Zooky111 New Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Moving in to another year of summer reruns on PTA. It's gonna record them all, sigh. Or, should that be !UGH! :)

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    But it is only using one tuner to record those reruns... it would use the same tuner to record any single event... so you either have the option to turn off PTAT and set manual timers OR use PTAT and have it automatically catch everything. Customer choice as to how you want to handle it.

8. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    For crying out loud! Set timers , new only, for series that you want and you wll only see new recordings on the "My Recordings" page. Ignore the PTAT page or turn it off.

9. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    The way I do it is I have set 'save series' in those shows gotten via PTAT so they show up in 'my recordings' also. By default that sets a timer that is both new and reruns, I just edited them to new.