1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

English captions on Univision?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Coca Cola Kid, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    How do I turn on English captions on Univision? I'd like to brush up on my Spanish.

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    I believe the caption is from the broadcaster. So if the only broadcast captions in Spanish that would be the only option.
    But I could be mistaken

3. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
    Menu --> Settings & help --> Settings--> Display --> Captioning (Set Captioning to On and Service 3)

Not all programs will have English captions, if they do, they'll have a "CC3" bug in one corner of the screen... Telemundo usually has English captions for all their primetime shows...

4. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    When I was in the Netherlands, I was able to switch between English and other language audios on some on the channels. I think the Spanish Language stations could increase viewers by offering English audio feeds.

5. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Good luck with your Spanish. By the way you don't really need to know Spanish to follow the Telenovelas.:)

6. whippage

whippage New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    The best programs are the Saturday morning dance programs...they will have you muttering some new Spanish words under your breath every few minutes ;)

...make sure Wifey is still asleep...:D