1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English Premier league for 2006/7 ?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by PBowie, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    IS The English premier league Soccer package I bought last season for $299
    being offered again this season?
    I could not find it on the Dish website and when I called the CSRs the indian woman told me it was not available ??

Anyone else know?

2. nyrfn69

nyrfn69 Cool Member

May 7, 2004
    i don't think that it will be available...i think that it will be offered through setanta sports channel which dish does not carry right now

3. MrAkai

MrAkai Legend

Aug 9, 2002
    I know it's not the same, but there are usually at least 3-4 EPL games on fox soccer every weekend when the season's on.

4. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida

Im getting that feeling too.
    earlier in the year Fox lost its monopoly on EPL games and Setanta got in on the act
    so I guess I'll be getting Direct tv for Setanta or atleast Setanta broadband.

5. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    The bad news is Dish (at least right now) doesn't have Setanta; the good news is no more outrageously priced ppv games.

6. co_gooner

co_gooner AllStar

Aug 1, 2005
    FSC and Setanta have the games this season; on the plus side FSC will apparently have the Sky Sports Sunday 4pm (UK time) game, which is normally the top game of the weekend i.e. Arsenal v Chelsea etc., but on the downside, Setanta gets all the mid-week games (except Monday night). So come on Charlie, pull your finger out of your *** and get Setanta!!!:mad:

7. SummitAdvantageRetailer

SummitAdvantageRetailer Godfather

Feb 20, 2005
    Yeah, no more EPL PPV matches on E*. You can get 'em through with FSC or Setanta, for which E* doesn't carry Setanta. I have a feeling DISH will get it before the season but it'll take a lot of people asking for it and the deal being right for E*.

8. kstuart

kstuart Icon

Apr 25, 2002
    This is not accurate - actually Fox is providing the matches to Setanta. They used to provide the matches for the PPV, in fact.

On Saturdays, Fox Soccer Channel will have the 7amPT/10amET match that used to be on PPV, and will give the early 4:30amPT/7:30amET match to Setanta. Fox Soccer Channel will continue to show the live 9:15amPT/12:15pmET match, and will show a delayed match at 12noonPT/3pmET.

On Sundays, FSC will have the later match, and will give the the earlier match to Setanta. Mondays will continue on FSC as before, and Tuesday-Friday will be given to Setanta.

9. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    Setanta USA is available a-la-carte on GlobeCast for those who don't want to switch to DirecTV.

10. co_gooner

co_gooner AllStar

Aug 1, 2005
    Don't think that my landlady will be too chuffed at the idea of another dish on the roof though :rolleyes:

11. retexan599

retexan599 AllStar

Aug 1, 2006
    Do you think any of the EPL games available through DISH will be broadcast in HD?

Thanks,

John (lived near Middlesbrough in mid 1990's, still cheer on the 'Boro!)

12. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    It is also now available through ITVN (broadband TV) free for 30 days and free hardware with 1 year contract.

13. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    No.

Now waiting for that La Liga HD coverage on World Sport HD to be sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.