1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Enhanced Caller ID

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Gila, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Gila

Gila New Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Hi all. Been a lurker here for 2 yrs. Been with *D since 1996. Have 2 HR 24s and 3 H21s. Just got back from a 3 week road trip and noticed that all receivers now display caller ID even if they don't have a phone line connection - great step forward to avoid the robocalls. Should have said that two of the receivers are connected to the phone

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Really? That's cool. I have phone lines connected to mine cuz I do like the caller ID feature. I'll have to try it without the lines.

And Welcome!!! :welcome: :welcome: :wave:

3. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Are you sure? Or do you have a genie?

4. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Is CenturyLink your phone provider? In their old Qwest territory they have something called MyCenturyLink or that does that.

5. Gila

Gila New Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Yes, I do have Century Link (the old Qwest) and I don't have a Genie.

6. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    All that is required is an HD DVR. I had an HR20 and My CenturyLink. It works even if you have call following turned on. I like it because I can listen to my voice mail on my TV.