1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epg For Locals

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JoeMobile, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeMobile

JoeMobile New Member

Mar 17, 2007
    :) I had the EPG info restored for my digital OTA locals yesterday. Not sure if this was DISH wide or the result of an email I sent them complaining that they were trying to get me to pay for something I didn't want and were providing me for analog channels.

2. GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    What receiver do you have? Do you subscribe to locals though DN or are you only using your OTA for locals?

I have a vip622 and don't subscribe to locals but would love to have the EPG include information on my OTA channels.

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Please, provide the exact wording of your e-mail to E*. If it worked for you perhaps it will work for the rest of us who do not subscribe to LIL's.

For the record, I used to get the guide data (on my 921) from the day that HSN was mirrored to ch 84 until the recent software update that was the "fix" for the early daylight savings time change. L278 was the best overall software version I ever had - not just because it gave me guide data - but because the 921 was the most stable it has ever been. L330 & L331 (the DST fix and the fix for the DST fix) have been nightmares!

4. JoeMobile

JoeMobile New Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I have an 811 receiver and do not subscribe to DISH locals. Unfortuantely I do not have a verbatim copy of my email. Below are the points I made:

1. I had no intention of subscribing to DISH locals when digital OTA signals were available for free (all of my locals broadcast from a relatively close location).

2. The EPG information was still available for the analog stations which made their eliminating the digital OTA EPG information only somewhat odd.

3. I considered the elimination of the digital OTA EPG information an underhanded attempt to get me to purchase something I didn't want, this caused me to consider DirectTV again as a source.

Hope this helps!

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Yes it does. Thanks!

BTW: did you send this to a specific person, or just the generic "CEO@Echostar.com"?

6. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    New firmware?

7. JoeMobile

JoeMobile New Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I just checked and my software has been upgraded to P3.86 (don't know when it was upgraded) - wonder if my email got me a quicker upgrade :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.