1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPG not correct on 721?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Danbo, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danbo

Danbo AllStar/Supporter

Oct 3, 2002
    This has happened more then once. An example would be American Idol last night (the episode that shows who got booted off). When I set the program guide days before, it was listed as a 30 minute episode. Went to watch it this evening, and found that, after 34 minutes it was over. But it wasn't. It recorded the half hour as it was shown in the EPG, but it wasn't a half hour. When looking at the Fox site, and their schedule, it clearly showed it was an hour long.

Okay, so what gives? Why is this happening with the EPG? And, for me at least, this hasn't been the first time. I thought perhaps maybe I did something wrong, but after it happening more then once, I'm sure I didn't. Did anyone else notice this?

And, outside of that, anyone know who got booted off? Even the American Idol site hasn't been updated yet with the recent events.

2. UpOnTheMountain

UpOnTheMountain Legend/Supporter

Mar 23, 2002
    They got a Buy this time because of Cory.
    So No boot off this week.

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    The guide data shown is whats sent to Echostar from their provider. If it was indeed wrong it would also be wrong on the 501,508 and soon the Dishplayer as they all use the same guide.

Unfortunately no matter what kind of PVR you have the guide data can sometimes be wrong.

4. Jason

Jason Legend

Aug 8, 2002
    Danbo,

Wednesday's American Idol episode was originally scheduled to be a half hour episode. TV Guide, who is accurate 99.9% of the time, also showed the episode being a half hour. American Idol decided to change it to an hour episode on Tuesday. If you watched Tuesday's episode, they announced that it was going to be an hour. On Wednesday morning, the guide on the 721 was updated of the change and I simple deleted my original timer and set up a new one for the hour episode.

5. sjhill01

sjhill01 AllStar

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm not sure how this happened, but my 721 actually recorded TWO instances of American Idol - one 30 minutes long, and the second 60 minutes...

Could be my wife saw the 1 hour episode in the EPG and told it to record, I guess, but why would it not a) show it was set to record already or b) not record the original 30 minute timer?

6. Jason

Jason Legend

Aug 8, 2002
    sjhill01,

Possibly you may have had a weekly one hour timer set to record American Idol from the previous weeks. Go into your timer menu and scroll down to next Tuesday's date and see if it shows the timer set to go off for an hour next Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.