1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson printer gave me an error for the last time

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Davenlr, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Ive had nothing but problems. It felt good to jump up and down on it until it broke to pieces.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    Anger problem? :lol:

jk

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Not anymore :)

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Hmm, I didn't think Epson's had a PC Load Letter error.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangster. :D

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I would love to see the look on people's faces when the OP brings the Epson Printer to a recycle center.

7. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    Man, I can't count the number of times that I've threatened to do just that! :lol:
    I haven't actually taken the particular pleasure that Davenlr did, but I have given a couple of printers away that pissed me off (Canon inkjet and HP with doc feed and scanner/fax).

Especially troubling is when they won't print black & white because the yellow is low, or even scan because it's time (according to the printer) to spend more money on ink.

8. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I was googling an error code on my Canon printer a few weeks back and came across a fix posted on Youtube. Turned out to be a video of a guy explaining how he just bought $60 in new cartridges only to get this code and then him showing how to fix it, which was him throwing it off a balcony :D

9. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    Office Space

10. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    One of my favorites. :)

11. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I have an HP all-in-one I want to do this to. As mentioned, I have many cartridges, but the &&^%& thing won't stay connected to the PC, either wireless or hardline. I've spent too many hours with HP to make this worth keeping.

The BIG problem is when doing research to get a new one, the top rated brands are...HP! AIEEEEE!

12. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    We once had a POS Epson inkjet printer that we finally gave up trying to make work. We've had pretty good luck with HP inkjets - our current one in an HP 6940.

However, our only scanner is an OLD HP SCSI - I had to dig out an old Dell Optiplex running Windows XP Pro to be able to use it (ISA SCSI card (Adaptec AHA1542C)).

13. riker7

riker7 New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I like Epson printers because they install much more easily than just about any other brand. HP 6940's can be a pain in XP, especially if setting up over a network.

14. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    The only issue we had with it is that the install CD wanted to install a bunch of other crap when all we wanted was the printer drivers... The secret is to use DHCP and set our DNS on PCs to our router / DHCP server - it made the uPNP work great.

Nice thing about Windows 7 - wham bam thank you ma'am it's installed....