1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Equipment charges

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by gunman1, Jun 12, 2013.

1. gunman1

gunman1 New Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Kingwood wv
    I'm new here and not sure where to put this but I have dish network I had Internet through dish too but stopped cause they ere charging me 50 a month for speeds of only 500 Kbps well anyways I returned the equipment including the satelite and modem but dish kept saying they haven't received it and was putting charges on my bill for the equipment they were wanting 300 but the stuff was already returned eventually my fiancé ended up giving them 200 of the 300 but later on they found out the stuff was actually returned the guy I talked to said his coworkers didnt do a good enough search through there files I haven't been reimbursed for the 200 for the equipment what should I do or is there nothing I can do

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    contact BBB you could also try your state attorney.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I would do the most logical thing which is to call them first.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. gunman1

gunman1 New Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Kingwood wv
    Yes my problem is is they were suppose to do this 5 months ago when they realized they had the equipment whenever I would call they would say me having Internet through them isn't showing up on the account the person I talked to that found out they had the equipment I haven't been able to talk to him and everyone else I talk to gives me the run around if I could get it credited to my account I would be ok with that but it seems like no one wants to help

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Contact a DIRT member here.

They are Dish employees who read these forums to fix problems like you have.

6. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I've had 1 Dish customer and 1 DirecTV customer (myself) (that I know of) charged a non-return fee for a receiver still active on the respective account! No idea how THAT can happen, but it did, LOL. DISH could not get the charge off the account and wound up just issuing a credit for the amount, I'm not sure if the non-cancellation of the original charge is going to be a black mark on that's customer record forever or not, despite the credit for the same amount.

Things get messed up on the computers all the time, be pleasant but be persistent.

I'm still owed around $100 (NAICT), and am just waiting for a non-busy day so I can burn off an hour trying to get it fixed.