1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

equipment help

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mattweber, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattweber

mattweber New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Hello,

I am about to sign-up with Dish Network. I am going to need a 3 room setup with a ViP722 in each of those rooms. I would like to have one RG6 line into each of these rooms. What do I need to get to accomplish this?

Here is what I think:
    3 ViP722's Receivers
    1 D1000.2 Dish
    3 DISHPro PLUS Separators

Is this correct?

My last question would be the best way to get this equipment. Should I get the Dish and first ViP722 from Dish Network, then add the additional receivers? Should I buy all the equipment myself?

Thanks,
    Matt Weber

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The separators come with the receivers, Dish will give you a free leased HD receiver as a new customer with initial installation. You would probably have to buy the other two receivers, but you would only need to run two coax lines, each from the dish to each receiver. This would be the easiest way to get set up.

3. simonkodousek

simonkodousek Godfather

Feb 19, 2007
    I would buy the other two 722's from Dish, not from eBay or anything. Anyway, the first 722 is free, as is the dish and (I think) 125 ft. of wiring. Anything else is extra. :)

Just curious as to why you need 3 seperate 722's. Why not have one or two??

4. mattweber

mattweber New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Thanks for your input guys!

I need 3 DVR's because there will be 3 people living at the house with me, each with an HDTV and the need (want?) to record "their" shows! Anyways I figured getting everyone a DVR will prevent fights from erupting.

Thanks,
    Matt Weber

5. simonkodousek

simonkodousek Godfather

Feb 19, 2007
    Good idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.