1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Equipment Section In Account Status etc

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by adamson, Jun 17, 2013.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    How is it 2 of 4 receivers state they are connected to the internet when they have not been for months? Also a while back it never stated the fact or fiction before.

2. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    One of mine says, in the account screen, that it isn't connected when it is.

3. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I have had a receiver, active on the account, charged a non-return fee. I don't think that error comes up real often, but I have a client on DISH that had it happen too.

Computers, people, it's a bad mix, LOL!

4. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    If it was connected in the past and gave a broadband callback, it will say it's connected, even if that was over a year ago.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    yep, I have 5 HDDVRs and one of them was connected to the internet a while back and now it is not. the account settings on DirecTV.com says is still connected.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    You have Whole Home Service set up?

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You have Whole Home Service set up?

if you are asking me, yes

8. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've noticed that the receiver itself seems to know about the internet. My R22 has never been connected to the internet and one day I pushed some remote key that caused a blue pop-up onscreen that said just this! The internet settings are still the same as when I got the receiver and have never been changed.

9. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I've noticed that the receiver itself seems to know about the internet. My R22 has never been connected to the internet and one day I pushed some remote key that caused a blue pop-up onscreen that said just this! The internet settings are still the same as when I got the receiver and have never been changed.

That would be the dash (-) key

10. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    if you are asking me, yes

I figured you did, I meant the op, sorry about that.