1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Theft ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by richlee, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richlee

richlee New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    First of all, my thanks to everyone for all of the incredibly useful information posted here.

Today I was at last able to inspect the handiwork of the installer that showed up to do my HR20 upgrade two days ago.
    I've been a subscriber for >5 years and had a triple LNB 18x20 dish that I paid for as an upgrade three years ago in order to have HD access.
    I expected that the new 5-LNB dish would replace the triple LNB one.

Today what I discovered what quite a surprise.
    Not only had the old triple LNB dish been left in place, I was half expecting that. But I was expecting ALL of it to be left in place. What was left was a 'dish skeleton'.The three LNB's had been stripped off by the installer. Not an attractive sight.

Now I'm certainly going to inform DirecTV of this incident. How would you recommend I approach this with DirecTV? Any speculation as to the position they'll take? And lastly, am I over reacting to this equipment liberation or should I have the offender arrested?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Don't bother to involve others, just shoot him ! :)

3. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Welcome to DBStalk.

Well.... this is the first time I've seen someone post this. Normally they just leave the whole thing behind. They don't want the liability for removing the base plate and causing a possible leak.
    The only thing i can think of is he needed the LNB for a repair maybe.

The question is do you want the dish left in place and functional for possible future use. If not, i would call D* and see if they can just have someone come out and just remove the whole thing.

Kind of an odd situation. Technically it could be considered theft I guess.

Good Luck.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If you're not using the dish, there's no reason I can think of why you or anyone you designate could not remove it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.