1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Error 004 on ONE channel on VIP 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by kucharsk, Feb 25, 2009.

1. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    I was watching HBOCY (307) overnight and would get Error 004 popping up on-screen every half hour or so for no reason I could find telling me to channel up, channel down or to hold the power button for ten seconds.

I hit "Cancel" once and the message stayed the same, then upon hitting "Cancel" the second time, the channel returned.

I looked on the DN site and it mentioned this is a check switch error, but my switch tests pass with flying colors and the error box I get says nothing about the switch, just to change channels.

It's only happened on HBOCY so far, and I've never seen it on any channel before getting the L617 software.

Is this widespread? An issue with how HBOCY is being uplinked?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    So, what is your signal level on the transponder ?

3. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    No idea, but I don't see a single block or dropout on the channel.

Perfect picture, then the 004 message until I hit cancel twice, then perfect picture for the next half hour or so.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Have you done a power cord reset? Unplug for a few minutes. When it happens, if you press Menu does it bring the picture back? I ask because I was having this problem as well and pressing Menu did correct the problem until I was able to pull the plug for a few minutes. It didn't seem to affect any recording that was occurring at the time.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    menu-6-1-1 and you'll see the sat and tpn