1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 13 translation ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by psweig, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    HR20-700 didn't record a manual that was set up for daily on ch9 (sd). The reason: "canceled, error 13". Does anyone know what error 13 is?

2. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I've seen that error message before as well but I don't have a clue what it means. I don't think I've seen anyone here who knows - but I could very well be wrong about that.

3. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    This is, I think, the most current and complete thread about error 13's. Not that it defines what it actually is, though. This is the first I have heard of it happening on a manual recording.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=91585

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    On the Tivo-based DVRs it meant that something changed in the Guide Data such that the desired recording no longer matched the Guide Data.

5. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    That would make sense as most of the times I've seen it the guide data is incomplete.

You would think with all of the DirecTV employees and insiders that supposedly come around here that one could give us the definition of this all too common error message. Actually, better yet, how about fixing the problem so it doesn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.