1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Error 721 on new HR24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by elevans, Jul 19, 2010.

1. elevans

elevans New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I just setup a new HR24 and am getting error 721 channel not purchased for all Showtime channels and some HBO channels. Everything else works fine.

My other HR24 in an adjacent room gets reception on these channels. I've reset the new receiver several times and triple checked the settings. Setting it up in another room that works didn't help. I've also gone through troubleshooting with DTV over the phone several times and nothing has fixed the issue.

According to DTV, its a problem with the box, which I bought from 6th ave. I'm a bit skeptical that this is the case. Any thoughts?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Have DirecTV reauthorize the service on the receiver or you can do the same thing from your online account page.

3. elevans

elevans New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I just had them reauthorize the receiver, but it didn't help. I also noticed that the showtime channels work in SD, but I get channel not purchased error 721 for HD.

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    How long ago did they refresh services?

It can take a few minutes to happen.

Have you tried a menu restart?

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Restart

Mike

5. elevans

elevans New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I've had them refresh it several times. I also did try a system restart, as well as unplugging it for a few min then plugging it back in. The channels still aren't working.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    There are several different higher-level things they can do. I would get them back on the phone and make them wait until everything works.

And... :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

7. elevans

elevans New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome! I've gone over this with them on the phone 4-5 times now and they insist that I must have a defective receiver. Would you all advise swapping out the receiver for a new one? All the other channels and features work.