1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 760 Hard Drive Corrupt on VIP 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Hey Now!, Jul 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Cool Member

Jan 15, 2007
    I just turned on my 622 and had the error 760 basically telling me my hard drive was corrupt and all my recorded programs will be deleted. So far I have just did a soft reset then unplugged the unit and came here. I found a thread, locked from 2006 about this. Sorry if I did a poor search. Any advice on saving my beloved recordings? In that thread some people said they still had their recordings after such an error. Also was mentioned that one of the causes was leaving your unit on overnight. Mine is turned off all the time when not viewing. Hmmmm.... Any advice/ help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

2. sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow Legend

Aug 25, 2003
    My HD will work fine for awhile and then it will disappear from the directory, or sometimes when trying to access it, I will get a message telling me it wants to reformat it because the contents are corrupted. I do a hard reboot and it is usually back in action. Annoying as heck, but so far have not lost anything.

3. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Cool it.