1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code During System Test!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by MercurialIN, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    Had an HR24-500 installed yesterday, that sits atop the AM21 and HR23 in the living room.

Once the new 24 was installed I ran system test just for the heck of it. To my surprise it came back with an error code, oddly enough the error concerned the HR24-100 in the master bedroom.

The message said something to the effect of: Receiver {Master Bedroom} is showing a reduced network performance, if you are having trouble viewing recordings from that receiver please call Directv at 1-800-etc and give them error code 48-184, later it gave me error code 48-055 I believe it was.

Anyway, if I run system test from the HR23 it just says "all ok". But if I run the test from either 24 I get the "reduced performance" message about the HR24-100. Which is why I'm posting on this thread.

I'm not having any new or unusual problems with MRV. The occasion "playback failed no audio/video data packets received from the server" when I use the 100 as the server. But this happened with ethernet and still happens with DECA.

A reboot normally clears it up. Also sometimes while one recording on the 24 might not play, another will. So far have not had any problems playing back recordings from the 23 or the new 24. Didn't want to call Directv though until I ran this by a mod and got suggestions from you guys.

I'm thinking for now, if it ain't broke don't fix it. In other words why should I call in unless/until the problem gets more consistent or worsens? Thanks.

PS. The HR24-500 ranges in temp from 120-122 this is consistent. My HR24-100 ranges between 109-117 but most often sits at 113.

My house is only partially air conditioned (faulty heat pump, so extremely humid in the house). Is 120 high for the 500 or about average. It sits in a glass fronted cabinet but the back is open.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    That's a previous error message that will likely go away when you get your next CE update on the unit....

As for the temps...yes...my -100 remains around 112-113 too, but recall the -500's ran a bit warmer. The fan placements are different, which alone could cause the slight differences. Air temp /ventilation around the unit comes into play too.

3. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    Thank you! I sure appreciate the quick reply. I was wondering if the error message might be an "error". But thought I'd ask here. I never encountered that error until the new 24-500 was hooked up. It shows on both 24's when I run system test, but both are on the same software so guess that makes sense.

And I was concerned about the 500 running at 122 since I was used to the 100's temp being so much lower. I'm guessing the 500 is a new unit, not a refurb since they've not been out that long. It had all the plastic protective film taped to the front of it.

Thanks again.:)

4. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    Forgot to mention...will be keeping the 500 on the national release. Also once the field trial is over planning to put the 100 on the national release also, if someone can tell me how to do that without losing recordings.

That would still leave the 23 for future CE's.