1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Esata 1tb ehd that work?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vikefan, Jul 25, 2009.

1. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    I want to know names of external hard drives 1tb that work with hr21-100. list of names and model # only. I searched other threads and it goes off on alot of debating. Thanks to those who respond.

2. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    I continue to always try to stay current with a personal favorite. It was the 750GB Seagate DB35. It changed to the 1TB Western Digital WD10EVCS. The WD10EVCS is an awesome drive in an Antec MX-1 enclosure. The WD10EVCS is now hard to find as they transition to the newer WD10EVDS. The older WD10EVVS seems to be more readily available. The EVVS is 8MB cache, the EVCS is 16MB, and the newest EVDS is 32MB. Supposedly the cache size should not affect DVR performance.

I love the WD10EVCS drive in the MX-1 enclosure. There are also larger equivalent WDC drives, and the Seagate Pipeline drives are good.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Check the thread up a the top of this forum:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=160800

DIRECTV has 2 different 1TB eSATA systems that they recommend.

4. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    do you know if this one will work?

Fantom Drives GD1000EU 1TB USB 2.0 / eSATA Silver GreenDrive External Hard Drive

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I know it's not recommended by DIRECTV .. DIRECTV's drive choices are not random from my understanding. YMMV with other choices.

6. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    thanks