1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

esata and off-season season passes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by peters4n6, Jun 9, 2010.

1. peters4n6

peters4n6 Legend

Jun 19, 2007
    Am I correct in assuming that Season Passes cannot be entered until a couple of weeks before a show starts anew? (Ex. if the hypothetical show called "The DBSTALK show" only runs from October through January, can I set up a seasons pass on a newly formatted esata-attached drive in June?)

I am planning on a 1 tb external esata-attached upgrade for my HR21. I've jotted down the 20 or so Seasons Passes that are on the internal drive. The shows that are on hiatus remain (quietly) on the list, until they come on again. My concern is that one cannot set up a SP for a show that is not on the next-couple-of-weeks-worth of Guide data. Correct?

2. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Correct. It must be in the guide to set up a serlies link.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Some of those shows may be currently running repeats and you can set it up that way.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    What I do is if I see an ad for show that hasnt started airing yet and is more than 2 weeks out, is create a autorecord series link for it, like "showname cchan xxx"

It will catch the 1st showing that way, and then you can set up a regular SL for it.

5. peters4n6

peters4n6 Legend

Jun 19, 2007
    interesting idea. is there a cheat sheet for how to do autorecord somewhere?

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Yes there is, I just don't know where its at. I tried searching for boolean searches and auto record series links and I couldnt find it.