1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

eSATA Drive

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by jjohns, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jjohns

jjohns Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    Had an eSATA drive added to an hr20 to add 1 terrabyte - has worked flawlessly for over year. Just moved to THR22-100. Can I use my eSATA drive again on the THR22-100 without formatting it first? When I first added to the hr20 it had nothing on it. But now it has the shows to be recorded plus all the other stuff from the hr20. Can I just connect it like I did before and it will write over everything or do I have to wipe it or reformat it?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Tivo has different partitioning than DTV DVR; so, yes you cannot play your records and the drive will be reformatted. You are SOL. Sorry.

3. jjohns

jjohns Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    Not completley sol.
    I'm getting an unbelievable picture.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    What you mean ? Your Tivo THR22 turned into regular HR22 after connecting HR20's drive ?!!