1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eSATA test?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by BruceS, Apr 16, 2010.

1. BruceS

BruceS Icon

Sep 23, 2006
    Albany, NY
    I was installing a shelf above the one holding my HR21-200 and it's connected external eSATA drive.

The drive is a 1 TB Hitachi CinemaStar in an Antec MX100 case.

After I dropped the shelf, the drive started buzzing for about 2 minutes, but is now quiet.

I ran the System Test from the Setup menu, but I don't know whether it performs any tests on a connected external drive.

Does anyone know of any way to test the drive from the HR21-200, or do I need to disconnect and attach it to a PC to perform tests?

By the way, the My Playlist shows the same percentage free, so it appears the HR21-200 still recognizes the drive is connected.

2. Sim-X

Sim-X Godfather

Sep 23, 2009
    Do a disk scan
    1. Depress reset button next to access card.
    2. When "Almost There" message appears on screen: press down arrow and
    record button ON DVR (not the remote) simultaneously until message appears on screen then release

More information here
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=174481

Good Luck

3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Except instead of pressing the reset button next to the access card in step 1, do a menu reset (it is a clean shutdown vs. a forced shutdown).

To do a menu reset, go into the Setup menu, then reset, then restart receiver. :)