1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Classic is for Premiere only?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by thestaton, Feb 17, 2010.

1. thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    I downgraded my package this week from Premiere to Choice Extra, and to my surprise I lost ESPN classic. I'm guessing this is a mistake?

2. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    It became part of the Sportspack when they moved ESPNU to Choice-X.

3. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Correct, so OP, just order the SP & you'll have it right back...

4. oldfantom

oldfantom Icon

Mar 13, 2006
    Which leads to my directv gripe. There is only one place you can see channels in a comparison between packages, and it is a really poor interface. On the website, choose packages, channels (View & Print) and then go to the compare tab. Now that I have looked at for this thread, ESPN Classic is not even listed. Why can't they have pdf with the channels in each package, side by side?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/compare/compareChannels.jsp?packageType=ENGLISH

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Actually ESPN Classic is listed. For some reason it is listed as the first channel in the premiums section. The premiums section is mostly the movie channels HBO, Showtime, etc. but for some reason it also includes ESPN Classic, TVG, Outdoor Channel, CBS College Sports, Fox Soccer Channel, GOL TV, and Fox Sports Espanol. I thought maybe they were included because they were in the sports pack (which I guess would be concerned a premium package) but not all of those channels are in the sports pack. According to it TVG is in Choice Extra and up, and CBS College Sports is in Choice Ultimate and up.

6. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Because that would make way too much sense.

7. tyrok3k

tyrok3k Legend

Dec 3, 2008
    It's not that easy to compare packages but Wikipedia has all the info you need.

Link