1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN Gameplan 2013 in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dddeeds, Jul 23, 2013.

1. dddeeds

dddeeds Cool Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Will ESPN Gameplan be shown in HD in 2013?

Anyone received a good deal from DirecTV for renewing this year?

2. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    I have a question about the Gameplan package. Outside of ND and Syracuse, I'm not a huge college football fan, but I watch plenty of games during the course of a season. Between my local broadcast networks, the ESPN family of networks, Fox Sports and my local RSNs (MSG, MSG Plus, MSG 2, SNY & YES) - not to mention the Goalline channel - I have countless NCAA football games available. (Honestly, there are way too many.) What exactly does paying for Gameplan accomplish? It seems most of these games are being broadcast in many other places. Just wondering.

3. joshadam84

joshadam84 Cool Member

Jun 20, 2010
    It won't be. I asked ESPN Fan Central this question already.. SD only!

4. Aug 9, 2013 #4 of 11
    teebeebee1

teebeebee1 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    Weak sauce, just cancel the whole package with no HD who would ever want this overpriced package

5. Aug 9, 2013 #5 of 11
    iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i just added cable for football season. between pac 12 network in hd, plus goaline and watch espn (with espn3) i'm set.

6. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    There's no real reason to order Gameplan anymore, you can watch most of the games for free online on ESPN3. The main draw in the past was the out-of-market ABC games, but there are a lot less of those with more games moving to the various cable networks.

7. evilquik

evilquik Cool Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Gameplan lost its luster about 4 years ago after Espn3.com came out. They stream the majority of the games on that site. Throw in the fact that the Gameplan is still not in HD and doesn't look to be heading that way, it really is a junk package now. It would only be good for somebody that doesn't subscribe to the Sports Pack and doesn't use a PC or similar device to access the WatchESPN app (formerly Espn3).

8. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    But not everyone can access ESPN3 and WatchESPN. Your ISP must have an agreement with ESPN.

Here in SW Florida, I have two choices for Internet: Centurylink and Comcast. I went with Centurylink, and they are not in the agreement.

One year I switched to Comcast just so I could watch College Football on ESPN3. The quality was ok, not great, but Comcast's reliability was awful. So I went back to Centurylink, and can no longer access ESPN3. If I try, it says sorry... can't do that!

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Plus for Time Warner you need to have a video subscription to a package that has ESPN, even if you just want ESPN3's content.

10. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Gameplan lost its luster about 4 years ago after Espn3.com came out. They stream the majority of the games on that site. Throw in the fact that the Gameplan is still not in HD and doesn't look to be heading that way, it really is a junk package now. It would only be good for somebody that doesn't subscribe to the Sports Pack and doesn't use a PC or similar device to access the WatchESPN app (formerly Espn3).

A huge killer for gameplan have been BTN and the PAC 12 network and ESPN itself (putting HD games on every channel they have).

The content is just not as highly rated. More niche like.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

11. evilquik

evilquik Cool Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Yes I forgot to mention that as well. The quality of matchups has downgraded considerably with the creation of all these new channels. It will dilute even more with the new Fox Sports 1 & 2 channels. I am a huge college football and college hoops fan. The sports pack is worth its weight in gold just for that reason!