1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ESPN Gameplan Single Day Pay-Per-View

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by KCPanther, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCPanther

KCPanther Cool Member

Apr 5, 2007
    My University of Northern Iowa Panthers (1-AA) are playing on ESPN Gameplan this Saturday. Can anyone tell me how much it is to order a single game on DirecTV pay-per-view for ESPN Gameplan? Also, does it get you just the single game or the entire ESPN Gameplan lineup for the day?

2. kenbr

kenbr Cool Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I've purchased a couple of Auburn games that were on gameplan. Once I purchased that game for $21.95 I got all of the gameplan games for that day.

3. rkunces

rkunces Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Wow is it really that much now? I remember two years ago it was only $14.95 and then $19.95.

I bet you subscribe to sportspack you might be able to pick up the game on one of the RSNs. If you do decide to purchase the ppv for gameplan it does include all games.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Many times the sports-pack channels are blacked out if you are not in the authorized area .. Since the OP is looking for alternate plans, that is likely the case.

I've utilized the $21.95 fee three times this year. It was still about 1/2 of the cost had I chosen the entire package. Sometimes it's better to watch the scoreboard than the game, so if the $21.95 seems to be too much, then do yourself a favor and don't spend it.

5. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    If a game is not national, then the sports pack usually blacks it out.

6. kenbr

kenbr Cool Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I wish. I do have the sports pack but these were definitely not available anywhere except gameplan. They were PPV games in Alabama but I'm in Florida so I got to watch them on gameplan.

They were pretty lame broadcasts as well. One of the games they had no replay capability. If they wanted to show a replay they angled the camera up and filmed the replay on the scoreboard. There were NO graphics either, not even the current score. It was just a step above listening on the radio but I'm not complaining. At least I got to watch it.

7. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Damn, I miss sports broadcasts with no graphics and score lines, no missing a quick play or something between plays because TV automatically went to a replay.

I would love to see a few games a season like that.

NBAtv did something different a year or two ago. They had no announcers, just the score lines and mics setup to get the crowd noise. Was very peaceful and a fun event, wish they would do that more often.

8. kenbr

kenbr Cool Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Ah, a purist. I have to appreciate that! I'm afraid I've become a bit spoiled by the blue and yellow lines, the play clock, the time outs remaining, etc. always on the screen. I was trying to watch the chain markers to see if they had a first down each time but by the 3rd and 4th quarters I had downed a few bruskies and my attention span was wavering. I still managed to enjoy the game but I felt I had had to work too hard during it.

9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like being at the real game (almost).

10. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006

$21.95 is the price, gets you all the games that day. Order with your remote control on day of game on the channel it's on

11. kenbr

kenbr Cool Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yep, it was pretty tough! If we had not had the cooler by the TV, the ribs on the BBQ and the comfy seats with our feet propped up I'm not sure we would have made it through.

But it was a good game, Auburn won (those games were hard to come by this year) and a good time was had by all.

12. fineware

fineware AllStar

Jun 12, 2007
    Actually, I wish I knew there was a "day rate" at the beginning of the season... Woulda saved me $110. I can't remember one game worth watching all the way through this year that wasn't available nationally on ABC/ESPN, Big Ten Network, or dare I say NBC.

13. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    If you get ESPN360 on your Internet service provider all Gameplan games (well virtually all) are available there and you can either watch on your computer or use a simple svideo and audio cables to move it to one of your tv's ...do it all the time with MLB.TV and Uconn Womens games for my inlaws (watched the last three womens games on TVs from my wifes laptop at a hotel in Hilton head and one at my house in Tampa -- games were only on Connecticut Public tv (CPTV) but they have a season pass for like $45 or $20 month for the online 563K feeds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.