1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ESPN Sound Quality

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mmmccall, May 16, 2013.

1. mmmccall

mmmccall New Member

May 16, 2013
    Anybody experiencing terrible sound quality on the NBA games on ESPN the last week or so? Please tell me I'm not crazy - it's almost unwatchable. Tons of static - I'm currently watching Warriors-Spurs game and its killing me

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sound is fine here.

3. hancox

hancox Godfather

Jun 23, 2004
    I've noticed their center channel sounds awful recently - very static-y.

I watch PTI daily on the DVR, so it's noticeable to me. Everything from every other channel sounds fine.

4. tigercat74

tigercat74 Mentor

Mar 25, 2007
    I also hear problems on PTI.

5. mmmccall

mmmccall New Member

May 16, 2013
    Yes!! This has been the exact problem for me - center channel on ESPN. ESPN has just been really bad with the center channel speaker in the surround sound. Especially notice it when they are doing something "in studio" like NBA halftime reports or PTI like you mentioned.

6. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    Same issue here, NY dma.

7. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    If any outfit could afford top notch production facilities it's gotta be ESPN.

Now, if I could just get the Molly B. Polka Show to bump up their audio a bit!!

:eek2:

8. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Disney obviously cheaps out with their ESPN technology. They've always had the worst PQ, now they have the worst AQ.