1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN U question

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Calvin386, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I have the Absolute + Locals package. Very economical and has everything I want except ESPNU.

It looks like I can go to top 120 and get ESPNU but I will lose CBS college sports channel as well as NatGeo and a couple others.

In order to get both, I will have to go all the way up to top 200 and I still lose NatGeo.

Is ESPNU even on Dish right now considering the contract dispute?

Do they even offer it in HD?

Does Dish offer a college basketball package that I could buy that would get the games I want without making all these changes just to get what appears to be a SD ESPNU channel?

I have been on the Dish website but I am having a hard time putting it all together.

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    ESPNU is standard def. We're not likely to get it in HD until the rest of the Disney disputes are cleared up.

3. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I defintely don't think its worth all the trouble just to get a SD channel. I'll watch them on the internet.

4. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    ESPNUHD feeds are on espn3.com, thats about the closest you can get to HD. If your ISP carries it as well.

5. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I have always said I would not upgrade to ESPNU to see my beloved Louisville Cardinals because it should be in a basic package like 1 and 2.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    And it is, the Top 120.

7. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    You know what, you are right. I am just spoiled with my absolute package I guess.