1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Espn Will Be Gone

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Deke Leonard, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Deke Leonard

Deke Leonard Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Speaking of ESPN, I sent my renewel check to NPS last month and it was returned to me with a note saying that ESPN will no longer be available by subscripition on C Band analog via the big dish as of 31 Dec 06. A few days later I got a call from NPS regarding this, when I ask if it would be available on Ku digital, the gentleman informed me that ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News and ESPN Classic would only be available on the small dish and promply tried to sell me one. I told him what he could do with his small dish.

I personaly only watch ESPN and ESPN2 for their live events, since I have other means of recieving them I could care less that they cease big dish operations.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Deke, I'm sure you meant to say you 'couldn't care less'. ;)

Nor could I.

(Mods: This thread should be moved to the "FTA/Non-DBS Programming Forum.)

3. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    You mean that he meant to say I couldn't care any less. :p

4. Deke Leonard

Deke Leonard Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    To put it in plain english: I AM NOT GONNA MISS IT!!!

5. jimbo09

jimbo09 Godfather

Sep 26, 2006
    What are the other means of receiving ESPN live telecasts?

I assume we are talking about things like NCAA FB, MNF, Basketball, MLB and other live events.

6. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Dude, buy a calendar. The 80s have been over for some time now.

7. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    jimbo, I hear that there are satellite subscription services, Dish something and Direct something. I think they might include ESPN. And in some neighborhoods, there's something called cable. ;)

Sam, I wish I had a full-blown BUD system; it can pick up channels that a small dish can't. You can envy Deke, but please don't make fun of his dish.

8. Deke Leonard

Deke Leonard Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    I have an 8ft dish, 4DTV and 2 MPEG2 recievers. What the pizza dishes offer is just a drop in the bucket compared what I can get from EVERY satellite in the Clark belt, C, Ku, analog, digital, DVB 4:2:2 and 4:2:2 plus HD. If anyone is interested in what I have and how it works, feel free to PM me.

Yea, the 80s are over, but I have progressed into the OOs just fine.:)